So, you know how Richard and I are following that app I was telling you about…
Well last night was steak night, and we were supposed to grill them out on the grill but unfortunately, neither one of us has grill…
So we broiled them, it was the first time I had done this and I was nervous about how they would turn out but… they were a-mazing!
Here is what we did…
You you will need:
- Steaks – I used 1 lb =2 cube steaks
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 large freezer bag
- Cast iron skillet
- Good set of oven mitts
1. Marinate the steaks in a baggie with 1/4 cup of olive oil and 2 tbsp of soy sauce for 30 minutes.
2. While they are marinating, set the oven to the highest temperature possible using the broiler.
3. Move the oven rack up to the highest place it will go, and put my cast iron skillet in there to heat up.
4. After the steaks are done marinating, take out the cast iron skillet.(It will be REALLY hot!) Put one of the steaks in the cast iron and stick it back in the oven for 3 minutes.
5. After the 3 minutes, turn the steak with the tongs and stick back in for 3 more minutes.
6. Turn one more time and then cook till desired result of how done you want your steak to be. Richard and I both like our steaks pretty done we set them to 5 minutes and they came out perfect! So, if you don’t want them that done, I would say 3-5 minutes. (You will just have to experiment with this part.)
7. Repeat for the other steak.
* Warning: Because the steaks cook so close to the burner there is a LOT of smoke, so make sure you can open some windows, the smoke is worth it though!
Cinnamon Chipotle Potatoes:
You will need:
- 4 Medium Red skinned potatoes
- Steak seasoning
- Aluminum Foil
- Cooking spray
1 Preheat the oven to 425*.
2. Spay the aluminum foil with the cooking spray
3. Cut the potatoes in chunks. (In hindsight, I cut my too big and they took a lot longer then I wanted for them to cook.)
4. Place the cut potatoes on the foil and sprinkle with cinnamon and seasoning to your liking.
5. Cover with another piece of foil also sprayed and place in the oven at 425*
6. I let mine cook the entire time we were waiting on the steaks, I just cooked until they were done to my liking, about 30-40 minutes.
We served some cut fresh watermelon with our steak and potatoes, but you could do whatever you wanted.
Let me know if you try this or if you have a different way to cook steaks!