Today is my little brothers birthday! (It makes me feel old)
This is us when we were little!!
(By the way… my Mom always tried to make home-made Halloween costumes, that year I was a witch and Nathan was a ninja turtle. haha)
Even though you were an instigator and tried to get me in trouble, I still love you and wish you the best day ever!
Love you Nathan!
I was reading Casey’s blog, and I came across this article.
Reasons why I loved this story:
- It reminded me of what I want.
- It showed me that there are people out there who are capable of being good.
- It was one of the saddest/sweetest stories I have read.
- I love the way that in probably the MOST difficult situation this guy used it for the better… became a better husband/father.
- It’s so cute the way he talks about his children
- The way he talks about his wife is super sweet.
- It also reminded me that what I want is not bad or weird.
- The way he talked about relationships as not emotions and that there is NO perfect person.
- He takes his children on dates.
- He talks about his wife and him depending on each other but also having independence.
- He puts people above things.
Everybody could learn how a thing or two from this guy…
My littlest Brother graduated high school this weekend. (Please ignore the horrible picture of me and that face my brother is making!)
Here is a video that describes today for me: [It’s Monday and rainy.]
I have been watching a lot of The Wonder Years on Netflix – so I am really inspired by the 60’s/70’s currently.
This song came on my ipod.. It’s one of those songs that I put on there a long time ago and forgot about it. I love Randy Travis. This song though, is different for me now.
February 2011 I lost my Grandpa. This is one of the first deaths I had to deal with where I was able to know what was going on and it was hard… one day shortly after, this song came on my ipod while I was driving and it made me cry. It made me think of him and it made me sad and happy at the same time.
Then in May the same year I lost my Grandma on the other side of my family… this song makes me miss both of them so much but I think because this is “a grandpa song” it reminds me of Grandpa Don.
My favorite line: “I loved him and he loved me…and Lord I cried the day he died…”
Here are some pictures of my Grandparents:
(Me and My Grandma Bloom)
(My Dad, Grandpa Don Me and my Mom.)
I am sorry to be so gushy and so sentimental but I really wanted to share this. What are some of your favorite memories of your Grandparents??
Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving. Hope you got to spend Thanksgiving with loved ones and eat a ton of good food!
Things I am thankful for:
- My family
- My friends
- That I have a job
- That I have live in a great nation
- Thankful for my body that does all kinds of miraculous things
- Thankful that I have a great God who is mighty and loving
That’s just a little bit of the things I am thankful for:
Today I also got FREE Starbucks… just b/c they said it took too long in the drive-thru. I am pretty thankful for that too. 🙂
Remember: be thankful everyday!!
Here is a Homemade Apple pie I made – with a cinnamon roll swirl crust: (guess my Family Consumer Science (aka: Home Ec) degree wasn’t a waste – just b/c I can’t find a job teaching it doesn’t mean I can’t use it! Ha!
I do wish I would have a taken a picture of the crust it really was amazing.
Also… my cousin does hair and as payment for watching her kids last night while she got her Black Friday shopping on… She did my hair this morning:
I kind of love it… P.S. Those are extensions (because my hair is thin and fine and I have dreamed of long thick hair my whole life.) Don’t tell anyone 🙂
Also – The extensions are not as red in the picture… it really does blend better.
Well.. that’s all I have for today!!